2 May 2010

A bike helmet with a rear view mirror

Now that's something that has to take off.

Any rider would know that a bike's mirrors are hard to use at the best of times, needing you to tuck your elbows in for a good view. Byut when braking, the rider's body comes forward, blocking almost all bike mirrors. It was in this way that my view of the car about to hit me (back in 1999) was completely blocked. Had I been able to see it coming and not braking, I could have powered away to safety.



This helmet uses a simple passive mirror system up over the head to a "mirror" just above the faceshield.

If I return to riding, it will be with this sort of helmet for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!