19 November 2011

"Goodnight iPad" - can you relate to this?

I walked in last night and my family were sitting in front of the TV ostensibly watching Better Homes and Gardens, but her browsing on the iPhone and they playing on iPod Touches.

It was ironic because I am the one usually criticised for peering into my iPhone. As my single device for so so many functions, I can understand this appearance, but it cuts both ways - I'm clearly not the only one in this house.

The IT tally here? Two iPhones, two iPods, three notebooks, two desktops, CAT5 wired house plus wireless, 1Tb server drive, Wii, net-enabled TVs, digital microscope, Wacom sketchpad, upstairs and downstairs printers. But still, if an iPad came into the home I think there'd be a fight over it!

But the flipside is that there are many things that no longer feature in the house: no TV guides lying around, or newspapers either. Cameras? Cordless phone handsets? Mail? To do list on the fridge? Notepads, calendars, UBD, mega CD collection, White Pages,Yellow Pages? So many things just gone from the house or at least stashed away in case of net or device failure. But all these functions and much more squished into a device about the size of a pack of cards.

However, it doesn't mean that you can't acknowledge this isn't a bad thing but at the same time appreciate the humour in this clip:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!