14 January 2012

Incredible Russian space museum pictures



They do things a bit differently in Russia - including an expansive space museum, buried underground under this truly huge memorial.



It seems they sometimes had to wait to be picked up after landing!




A space toilet! The Yanks would never show you one of those...



No custom-designed tools here - Makita will do nicely thanks!




A lunar rover no less...




And of course spaceships...

There are three pages of pictures so don't miss them - a real treasure trove.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure I was looking at a NASA picture of a space toilet just today ... So I guess they DO show them? ;-)
    - Andrea (@UTLAU)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been via this tweet from @Cmdr_Hadfield 13 Jan:
    "This is the toilet on the Space Station. We keep liquids and solids separate. Questions?" http://twitpic.com/86qc76

    Would you believe a wooden dunny seat??

    ReplyDelete

Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!