5 July 2012

What a lovely surprise from a group of enthusiastic young stargazers

Recently I took the telescope to the Harrison School so my daughter's class could witness the Transit of Venus. As I wrote here, it ended up being a LOT more than just her class!

It was a lot of fun on the day. And I hope that it's one of those events that sticks in these children's minds for years to come - like how I vividly remember witnessing Armstrong step on the Moon at Canberra's Red Hill Primary School, even though I was only six years old.

But there was a real surprise in store for me a few days later. Every child in her class made up their own thank you cards.

Click on the picture to see the wonderful messages and pictures from the children. And some pretty good recall of the Dobsonian telescope design too!

Really made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!