22 November 2012

"Dumb Ways To Die" has gone totally postal...

When this gorgeous little twist on the old-fashioned public safety advisory message by Melbourne rail company Metro popped up on tweets from overseas friends last week before virtually anyone in Australia had heard of it, I knew it was going to be a big viral hit.

Just how big I don't think anyone quite expected. It was posted on YouTube on 14 November, and has already blasted through 15 million views!


There has been a lot of talk lately about how the media industry is (not) coping with the incredible rate that the community is embracing new media. But there's been very little talk about how it's also changing the face of marketing. This is a pearler of an example of an advertising agency and a client that both "get it".

Big up to them!

I wonder what's this red button do...?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!