7 April 2013

Loading up the new NBN connection...

So far, my account of getting connected to the National Broadband Network has had almost 2000 views and is the third most viewed article on my blog. Soon it will pass the Russian meteorite post, but a long way to go until it catches the walrus on a Russian submarine, with almost 7000 views.

But (shameless plugs done) what can this NBN thing deliver?

I was watching ABC iView, streaming a show I missed, and decided to see if it could handle a bunch of YouTube clips running at the same time.
 
Four high definition YouTube clips and ABC iView all live streaming at once. Not the hint of a buffer.

Not that I'd multitask like this, but I could be watching a streaming show, while editing a video and keeping an eye on emails and social media. Toss in some software or podcasts downloading in the background and other users in the household, and that's a realistic scenario. Now possible with NBN.

But Tony Abbott and Malcolm Turnbull reckon you don't need the NBN. Vote for Tony and wireless for everyone.


2 comments:

  1. I'm beyond jealous. I have three media-consuming children (one of whom is also publishing), so my ADSL2+ is always pushed to its limits. NBN is not even planned for my area yet, so it will be 3 years at least before we might have it. I hope to have it before my kids are grown up!

    Lucas (aka @Codenix)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely hope the rest of Australia gets the NBN Lucas. I also want to be able to move freely to other locations without lack of good internet being a decision factor!

      Delete

Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!