23 June 2013

Second Elysium trailer reinforces the feeling of HOLY-CRAP-LET-ME-SEE-IT-NOW



District 9 was a real sleeper for me. As it started, it felt like I was watching some other trailer, that the movie itself hadn't started. A bit like that surreal feeling at the beginning of The Gods Must Be Crazy...

But the slow-burn continued, and I soon realised that I wasn't just watching a great science fiction movie—itself a rare, rare event—but I was also watching a social commentary that was laying out a profound disgust for how we treat refugees in this world, particularly relevant here in the poll-driven era of Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott.

And now director Neill Blomkamp is readying his next big sci-fi Elysium. We saw the first trailer back in April and I thought that was totally freaking awesome...



They've released a second trailer now, and my sentiment is utterly unchanged. Enjoy:



Why do I care about sci-fi? Because movies about the future inspire us. And we seem to be in need of a good dose more inspiration lately...





But we have to wait. 9 August 2013 release date. Gaahhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!