| A scene from Star Wars Battlefront amid the battle for Hoth |
| X-Wing: cutting edge gameplay circa 1994 |
I'm better at the reconnaissance strategy and long long distance sniping than the frantic running around everywhere mode that seems to be the MO of most good players.
When a friend posted a link for a teaser video of the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront game, I could tell immediately it was by EA and DICE—the makers of Battlefield. It looked so much like BF4, but with different uniforms. And ray guns. And jet packs. And space. See for yourself:
| When someone from your squad starts gasping and floating, you know your day's about to get a whole lot worse... |
Which would make it most definitely an MA-rated game, if not R18+. It will not be a game for the PG crowd gathered around your Wii. For the moment it's just "Rating Pending".
So, while it is quite possible Star Wars Battlefront could see BF4 packed away for quite some time here, I won't be sharing it with the younger folk in the household...
Of course, realism comes to a screaming halt when it comes to armour. Stormtrooper armour seems just as pointless as it has been in every Star Wars movie to date. You'd really think the kinds of scientists who invent these rays guns and faster-than light spaceships could come up with something better than plastic for armour...
If you're a fan of both Star Wars and BF4, you should be up and running in no time.
Although I'm sure I'll be just as crap at flying X-Wings and Tie Fighters as I am BF4 attack choppers and stealth jets.
| Another scene from the battle for Hoth |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!