This is an interesting explanation of why Google+ just isn't taking off - yet.
I've looked at it (now that it is finally available for Google Apps platform users) and it does seem to have the goods on Facebook. And Google's attitude to customers stomps all over Facebook's. And many of my other online functions are already based with Google - like this blog, so that's that simplicity and integration to consider.
But my friends are on Facebook. I don't hate the changes to Facebook - usually avoiding the annoying Wall filtering by not actually using the Facebook website but instead channelling my reading and posting through Hootsuite.
And some of the changes to Facebook I actually like - the subscriptions functionality and post-level privacy settings for instance. The former has allowed me to really prune down my Friends to actual friends, yet still maintain posts to the public for non-personal stuff for those who are interested - yes there are some...
And of course I don't want to be actively following three separate social networks - Twitter of course being a quite different beast and purpose from the other two.
So until Hootsuite can post to G+ as well, I can't see myself investing too much time there. I'm guessing others are coming to similar conclusions.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!