30 December 2011

Huh! Canada is building rovers too - for Mars and the Moon.

SpaceRef Canada is reporting on Canada's progress with designing its own rovers for exploring Mars and the Moon.

They are doing a pretty good job of keeping this quiet. Maybe if they have the uncertainty around ongoing funding like the article suggests, they could do a bit more to promote the projects and build up public support?

It will be interesting to see how these projects go - especially the Moon rover. It's been far too long since we've been to the Moon.

3 comments:

  1. Um I dont see it, Canada doesnt have the staying power for expensive science, I think this is all talk. I lived there for 20 years, they like piggybacking, and have no drive. Only England has less drive when it comes to space. Alot of talk but no action. Thats my opinion. www. spaceshuttlealmanac .com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Harsh observations. I guess we shall see in "the goodness of time"...

    I seem to remember a certain piece of Canada-developed robotics being a mainstay for the Shuttle program for all except the first one of their missions? The Canadarm. A great piece here: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/behindscenes/rms_anniversary.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEll I lived there most my life, their interest in space didnt inspire me. I became a space Journalist, but worked in the States, where real space stuff happened.

    ReplyDelete

Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!