29 January 2012

The Herald Sun is quoting one of my tweets??

One of the fun aspects that I enjoy about Twitter is the seemingly spontaneous games that erupt now and then under their own hashtag: #famousbookswithoneletterchanged, #notsoambitiousbooktitles, to name a couple.

So when Anthony Albanese delivered a pretty good speech the other day, it only took seconds for journo Lyndal Curtis to notice an uncredited plagiarism by Albo's speechwriter as she was live-tweeting the speech:
@lyndalcurtis: I think @AlboMP just quoted from the movie "The American President". #pressclub
And not long more for the fun to begin in the Twitterverse:
@grogsgamut: These are not the policies you're looking for #AlboSpeeches@cjjosh: "We're going to need a bigger vote" #albospeeches
To which I added:
Your bills shall not pass!! #AlboSpeeches
I had in mind Albanese sounding off about The Greens in recent times... Didn't seem to get a reaction though, wasn't retweeted or anything.

I was surprised though when my Google Alerts threw up this article in the Herald Sun, which quoted my tweet! And it was followed by a second article that was very similar. Must be how media keeps clicking new content over these days - by rehashing existing articles. And note that the article's quoting of Brian Loughnane as the first to spot the quote was not correct - as explained above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share, "Like", or comment on this post. Feedback is fuel for the blogger!